Unity Tutorial 5

 Unity

This weeks Unity task was a continuation from the previous tutorial where I had to further complete steps in order to have the game running successfully. This blog post is again a late one as I was stuck on the previous one which resulted in me being behind for this one.

The tutorials for this were easy to follow and thank god I didn't run into any problems with my code other than a few spelling mistakes that resulted in it not working. I learned how to repeat the background of my game so it looks like the player is constantly running, I also made it stop when the player hit an object which resulted in a game over. There were some minor issues with the objects being spawned after a game over which the tutorial showed me how to fix and there was a problem when the game was running where the objects being spawned would just continue to remain in the game which can result in performance issues if they are not dealt with. The tutorials showed me how to reference other scripts and I now understand the difference between a public and private variable...I think. I learned a new operator which is the == which is known as "is equal to".

Overall this tutorial was very informative and explained some of the questions I needed answering as to why certain things are the way they are.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unity Tutorial 9

 More Unity I have been a small bit behind on developing my game and have only got round to doing some actual work on it today, I have the s...