Week 9 Reading and Writing

 Overall Thoughts

This weeks post is about how well the reading and writing these blog post are working out for me. So to give you the straight up answer, yes I have enjoyed writing up the blog post as they have helped me reflect on the things I have read about in previous weeks, where usually I would just read something and then move on with my life, the blog post have been a nice way of looking back on the information  in my own words and take it in that bit more.

While I have enjoyed that aspect , the amount of reading on the other hand coupled with having to complete other modules for me felt a bit much and I struggled to find the time to get them fully complete which was a shame because I am very interested in it and would have liked to have had more time to read through them.

Learning unity: To be honest I am struggling with unity, I don't like learning from online videos as I do have so many questions as to why this works or why that works ect, saying that though the unity tutorials have been easy to go along with I just wished they explained things in more detail. I am a fussy learner and I am set in my ways unfortunately and learning to make a game this way, which in itself is a task and a half has caught me off guard and I am suffering because of it. While I know that the help is there if I need it from my class tutor, I just feel like I am going to be an annoyance if I was to ask for help.  

Looking forward though I am still currently in the early stages of developing my game and I am hoping to get it finished as I don't like starting something and not see it through, my game may not be the best but if I get it completed to a stage where it is playable then I will call it a success. 

Other than the unity tutorial being pre recorded videos to learn off there is not much I would change with how the module is being delivered, there is much information to digest in what seems like a short period of time and I am feeling a bit overwhelmed by it solely because of the time constraint.

If there is one thing I could change about the module it would be the way that we are being thought unity, like I said previously I don't do "online" learning the best and know that my learning is taking longer than what it usually does as a result.      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unity Tutorial 9

 More Unity I have been a small bit behind on developing my game and have only got round to doing some actual work on it today, I have the s...