Prototype

 Prototype

This week I began my unity adventure which is putting what I have learned so far into practice. I created some basic objects that will be my player and my obstacles as well as my scene where all the action will take place. I then coloured them in and added some code to the player to give it some basic movement. My game is going to have a rise and fall mechanic for my player but as of yet it does not have this applied to it as I am still currently researching how to implement it. I have spent some time trying to find information on this and so far have not been able to find anything that coincides with what I am trying to achieve. I did however find a discord server that is for Unity beginners that is populated with tons of information about how to do things, hopefully this will help me as I feel a bit lost without the help of the tutorials if I'm being honest.
My own image



6 comments:

  1. Hey Peter

    This prototype looks really good. I know the struggle as well I too am finding it difficult to find code that suits everything in my game but hopefully we'll both get there. Best of luck with your finished game. I look forward to seeing it and I'm sure it will look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Peter. I like what I read and it is nice to know that I am not the only one struggling with all this Unity stuff. I would love to get to know more about your game and what it is actually about and how these assets will work. But I love the idea of joining that unity server, it was a very smart move and I might just join you myself cause that can be a very handy tool to have. I look forward on what your going to do with this and best of luck for the rest of the year. Kind regards Luke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Peter, it is great to put what you learn into practice as this helps you with defining your idea better. I like how you have set the objects in place that will be used for your game. I also find it difficult to find how to do certain things on unity as it;s difficult finding tutorials for the things you need. As and example for me I need a HUD but I am unsure on how to add one so it is a pain to research how to make one. I wish you luck in making your game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Peter,

    Good to see you're making progress on your game. I know how you feel about being stuck, I'm like you when it comes to trying to implement non-tutorial content. You have a good start on the project however and hopefully you can keep making changes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi peter bro your game looks so good so far. i like how you did the object for the game. i get how you feel on the making of the game im in the same boat as you. hope you will come out with a decent game. best of luck bro!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Peter , i understand the idea and i am so interested to see what the final production will look like. I would love to see you continue on developing this game after this semester to see what you would be able to do.

    ReplyDelete

Unity Tutorial 9

 More Unity I have been a small bit behind on developing my game and have only got round to doing some actual work on it today, I have the s...